Day 35 of 40. Stop serving a weak god

Often these later topics have been delving into points I have made with other ones. Expanding on them, and going deeper. It's partly because I am running out of days and ideas. But it's also because sometimes a point deserves it. So here is another one.

I mentioned in my post about denominations about the Catholic woman who was quite adamant I was wrong in my beliefs. Her comment was we do not serve the same God. At first I thought that was ridiculous. But as I got to thinking, I realize that she was likely right.

No, not the "Catholic" vs "Protestant" God. But God in general. A god. Catholics and Protestants serve one and the same God. And I can honestly say, I don't think I have talked to a Catholic who's thought differently. But I do still think there's a difference between mine and hers. Likewise I have met "Protestants" who also worship a different god. What do I mean?

Quite simply, if your god is truly is the omnipotent creator of the universe, if he can't reach someone who's desperately searching for him, he's weak. He clearly not the one who created the universe with a word.

The Bible talks about God using even the rocks and the trees to spread the word, if need be. Indeed, I have heard first hand accounts from missionaries, talking about their organization going into villages who pray to the creator of creation. Thanking him. The organization simply went in and rather than having to "convert" could simply share that yes, the creator exist. And He loves us so much He sent his son to save us from the pains of this world. Is their faith genuine? Does it grant salvation? Honestly, I can't answer that. None of us can. But can look at examples in the Bible.

The thief crucified with Jesus never partook of anything of the church. He simply saw Jesus was innocent. Yet Jesus assured him, that he would be with Christ in Heaven. In the Old Testament, we often read that the surrounding nations recognized the God of Heaven was with Israel. Fighting their battles. Many trembled. We see Rahab having faith enough to hide the two spies. She was saved by her faith. It makes me wonder if more were saved in the nations that Israel drove out or destroyed. No, not physically, but spiritually. If God is loving, did He honor those with faith in Him being the God of Heaven? I think it's likely.

I've read a comment recently about the Newsboys destined for Hell, because of the sin they spread. But as one defense I saw, at what decibel turn the words "I praise you Lord?" from glorifying to sinful? At what tempo is spreading the Word of God sacrilege? Jesus, himself, addressed this issue saying that it doesn't matter the why, how or who preaches as long as it's the gospel. Restricting how it's presented, makes it a matter of works. Something that is clearly not how God sees it.

I believe that there are many tribal peoples who are saved from sin, because of God's grace. While some have superstitions, worship the elements of the world, there are others who do everything for their creator. Labeling Him "God" is trivial. Likewise, I do believe that there will be those among the nations around Israel who are in heaven. Why else would Jesus preach to those who died in the Flood, when he was in Hades? (it's in the Peters) How could anyone before Israel or Abraham be saved if the promises didn't come until then? And then, to the Gentile like me, after Christ? How can someone who see the marvelous work God has done, who hears the rocks and hills crying out His name, call out to Him and not be answered?

I don't think they can. Because I know my God isn't that weak. He can reach all who search them. Regardless of not only their denomination, but they're training. God doesn't need us to spread the Gospel. He chooses to use us to bless us. A God who needs us, isn't an all-powerful God!

There are many great things reaching others. Even those who have faith, but not the knowledge should be on our hearts to show. But we must not think that those who are on their knees, earnestly crying out for answers, to be led astray. If they were, then God would be a liar, as He says "seek and you shall find."

I do not serve a weak God. I serve a God who reaches all who search for Him. Who answers those who ask. Who corrects those who are doing things wrong. And most of all, who doesn't care about worldly procedure on how things should be done "properly" to serve Him. Rather He blesses all who wish to serve them as they know and are able.

No comments:

Post a Comment