Day 18 of 40. A bad day

Sometimes I have bad days. It's a large reason why it took me so long to post today. I kept thinking of what to or not to. And while I've said this 40 days was to focus on both faith and mental health, I have been focusing on my walk with God more. Which is good!

But sometimes, having a bad mental health day can knock me back. Make me wonder why I do what I am doing. It's rough. It's worse because I do want to reach out, but I know if I do, I know exactly what people will say. And it's not what I want to hear.

I know all about depression. I know what can help, what to avoid. Yet people seem to want to tell me over again. From exercising, dieting, getting out more and so many other things. I know these things. I don't need to be told more.

Even worse is people telling me "things will get better," or to just "hold on." I have been doing that for almost 20 years, since I can first recall dealing with this. Telling me such things not only is like rubbing salt in a wound, but it makes me think you really don't care. You really just want to pat your own back, saying you helped, when really you've done nothing.

I don't mean to sound harsh. But that's reality. That's how most with depression see it. That's why many who commit suicide do so. They feel as those around them are more concerned with their own self-satisfaction than actually caring. That people want to pretend they're caring then to actually caring.

Bad days happen. It doesn't mean I've lost faith or have to redo anything. It's just a thing that happens

No comments:

Post a Comment