Day 29 of 40. Renewing your purpose

Almost 3/4 of the way done and I was reflecting on what I was striving to do in these forty days. I wish I could say it all has gone well. But truth is, I grab my phone a lot first thing in the morning. Even charging it in another room. I play too many computer games. Fasting, outside the one day, has been minimal. Exercising hasn't increased. All-in-all, I would not exactly give myself an "A" grade.

But there has been some good. My phone I often leave around my house. Likely to the annoyance of the few who've texted me. I've always been good with praying, but Bible reading has increased. My house hasn't been cleaner in a long time. (much help from my brother and his wife, but even the amount I've done) It's been a general improvement. So it's not a failing grade, either.

Still, it got me thinking about something we read a lot in the Old Testament. And that is God renewing His promises with Israel. It's not because God is the one who didn't live up to it the first time. Rather, it was the people. But God is gracious. He understands our stumblings, falling away, flirtation with idolatry, and just downright, laziness. We forget to do the things we promised God. And so we are not blessed with the rewards of His promise. Yet when we turn back, when we do what we said we would, God's grace gives us the promise once again. Not only that, we don't have makeup time. We don't have to prove ourselves again. He takes us along, wiping away the sin, and makes us His own.

So these final ten days, I do repurpose to do even better than the first thirty. To raise my priority even greater for serving Him. And hopefully it will translate to even better growth, in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment