Jesus the Name on High

Jesus! The name high over all,
In hell, or earth, or sky;
Angels and men before it fall,
And devils fear and fly,
And devils fear and fly.

Jesus! the name to sinners dear,
The name to sinners given;
It scatters all their guilty fear,
It turns their hell to heaven,
It turns their hell to heaven.

Jesus! the prisoners’ fetters breaks,
And bruises Satan’s head;
Power into strengthless souls it speaks,
And life into the dead,
And life into the dead.

O that the world might taste and see
The riches of His grace!
The arms of love that compass me
Would all mankind embrace,
Would all mankind embrace.
His only righteousness I show,
His saving grace proclaim;
’Tis all my business here below
To cry: ‘Behold the Lamb!’
To cry: ‘Behold the Lamb!’

Happy if with my latest breath
I might but gasp His name;
Preach Him to all, and cry in death:
‘Behold, behold the Lamb!’
‘Behold, behold the Lamb!’

No comments:

Post a Comment